Allosaurus is one of the best known large carnivorous dinosaurs from North America and Europe. It hunted during the Jurassic, around 150 million years ago, and was the largest and most abundant predator in its ecosystem.
- History: Allosaurus fragilis was one of the first large meat-eating dinosaurs discovered and named in North America. Bones now regarded as probably Allosaurus remains were described in 1870 under the name of ’Antrodemus’, but the first definitive bones of Allosaurus were found in Cañon City, Colorado, and described in 1877 by the eminent American paleontologist, Othniel Charles Marsh of Yale university. Since then, the fossilized remains of at least 60 Allosaurus individuals have been found and described from across the USA, including some complete skeletons.
- Scientific Name: Allosaurus fragilis
- Characteristics: Allosaurus was a muscular carnivore with large jaws filled with sharp curved teeth. It had a low triangular projection above each eye, which our Allosaurus toy accurately reflects. It walked on two long legs with three-toed feet and sharp curved claws. It had short arms with three-fingered hands, and a long counterbalancing tail. The largest Allosaurus reached 32 feet long, the size of a minibus.
- Size: This Allosaurus toy figure is 7.5 inches long and 3.75 inches high.
- The Allosaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
A plastic recreation of the dinosaur, perfect for models, teaching, or kids!
Allosaurus roamed the lands of North America and Europe during the Jurassic period and was one of the largest predators around. This deep green dinosaur toy is approximately 8 inches long and 3.5 inches tall. It is bipedal, and has a long, thin tail.
- Age Range : 3 years+
- Size In : 7.95 L x 1.4 W x 3.3 H
- Size Cm : 17.65 L x 3.56 W x 8.38 H